Looking to stop Keto and focus on CICO

I started the keto diet in March this year, and as of today have lost 60lbs. I had a few breaks in that time, basically anytime I had a cheat day or weekend, I would get all this water bloat back (as I read each gram of carbs can get you 4 grams of water). It always made me nervous because I could seemingly "gain" 11lbs in like 3 days. I realize that's not real weight gain, because my calories were never more than 2,000 per day on a cheat weekend. For reference, I am 29 years old, 6' and currently 324lbs. With keto I kept my calorie count to about 1,400 per day. I plan to stay at that count but also incorporate more exercise as my current activity is fairly low. I never planned to do keto forever, I wanted to wait until I was down to my goal weight before transitioning back to a more carby lifestyle. But I'd rather "learn" how to eat again so that one day I'll simply be maintaining my weight. I do wish to lose another 60lbs, I'm still looking through this subreddit and many others on the best way to transition to keto. I had done CICO before, but fell off and gained all my weight back. I think that with Keto I may have at least learned to be more disciplined with limits and learning a lot of what I'm eating. Most importantly realizing how much I'm eating and not going over my limits.

submitted by /u/SupernintendoChlmers
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q5gtlP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...