I’ve lost the weight of a cat! (M/36 194>184 =10lbs; 6wks)

Hello! LTL, FTP saying hi.

Today I got on the scales and realised I’ve reached my first mini goal of 10lbs! I’m very excited about this and wanted to get an idea of what that means irl. So I googled ‘what weighs 10lbs?’ And the answer is, apparently, a domestic cat. So yeah, I’m a WHOLE CAT lighter than I was when I started. It also helps me to realise I’ve lost more than the equivalent of what each of my kids were when they were born. So I’ve lost maybe a 2 month old baby in weight. Huzzah!

While I’m here can I say how much I bloody love this sub, and r/progresspics. I check it every day and seeing your progress is a massive inspiration. I was a complete noob and I’ve learned so much from your willingness to share your journeys. Thank you.

For what it’s worth, I started on LCHF after having some success with that previously, but the weight didn’t drop off the way it did before. Then after reading this sub realised I needed to be tracking calories so downloaded MFP and started tracking and immediately I was in control of my intake. I now stick to Low Carb as much as I can although not strictly - but the calorie counting has helped me understand WHY that’s helping me. A lot of times those chips are just too expensive in terms of calories and make me hungrier - and my life harder - but the bacon and eggs in the morning keeps me going for ages so is much better value! I’ve found that weighing myself daily gives me more data to work with so I find it useful. I weigh first thing in the morning after a wee. If I miss my daily weigh in I get disoriented and find it harder to keep motivated.

I’ve loads more to learn (and another 20lbs to my final target) but I’m delighted with my progress so far, so thought I’d celebrate by posting on here and saying thanks.

When I get up the courage I might share a pic. Maybe at the next mini goal celebration!

Keep going everyone. We can do it! :)

submitted by /u/Dadx2now
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NuQHJm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...