I’m overweight because I have felt unworthy of feeling good

I realized that when I reach my goal weight...

I might be more attractive to others. People might compliment me and look at me in a way that I’m not used to.

I’ll probably gravitate towards clothes that fit me better and are more flattering. I won’t be scared of trying things on in changing rooms and shopping will be fun!

I’ll probably have the confidence to approach others and be friendlier because I won’t feel like they are judging my appearance anymore.

I won’t have anxiety every time we go for a family meal because one treat meal won’t make a difference because of my ability to easily get back on track. I won’t feel like I have no self control just because I’m having some pizza on someone’s birthday.

I wouldn’t stay in relationships that don’t serve me because I would know I deserve better.

Every time there’s a party or an occasion, my weight won’t be at the forefront of my mind the entire time. The weeks leading up to it won’t be filled with crash dieting and panicking because I don’t have an outfit that looks good.

I will go to the gym and do my workout without feeling self conscious that someone is watching me and critiquing my every move.

I knew this all along but these reasons were never enough to motivate me on their own, even though they’re what i always wanted. I realise now that I have never shed the weight because I’m scared of these things. Because they’re unknown. Because I don’t know what they feel like. And because ultimately, I have always believed I’m not worthy of them.

I’ve used excess fat as a layer of protection for the last 10 years. Making a lifestyle change isn’t just about getting healthier/fitter/losing weight, it’s about loving yourself too and letting yourself have what you always wanted.

submitted by /u/yourvenicebitch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QgQHdy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...