I did it. Finally. I admitted to myself the method I was using to lose was not working and am ready to try something different.

I started eating a keto-type diet in October 2016. I had weighed in at 189 pounds that day. Not quite my highest, but definitely enough to push me into trying something new. For context, I'm 27 F, highest of 205.

I 25 pounds and three pants sizes within 6 months. I felt great! My weight fluctuated about 5-10 pounds from that low for the next year or so. Even over holidays and vacations, it was easy for me to treat myself then get right back into my routine. That is until this spring.

May 2018: The weather got nice and people started coming out of their winter caves. For once, I really wanted to join. Happy hours and nights out became abundant, but I don't regret socializing with my friends.

I do regret not paying any mind to what I ate or drank, which pushed my maintenance window up another 10 pounds: 175-180. My clothes were getting tight. I was uncomfortable in anything. I started feeling depressed and didn't want to show myself because I thought this 10-15 pound gain was horrifying. My body image was in the gutter.

Instead of trying to change my habits to include some healthy socializing, I just fought myself. I would binge until I was sick, then yelled at myself for it. I kept telling myself I wasn't being strong enough. That I could get back into strict keto if I just put my mind into it.

Well I tried. And it didn't work. So I just fumed all summer. However, I've taken the last two weeks to recenter. I've gone to counting CICO while eating eating semi-low carb. I'm no longer focusing on macros and fasting and what I "can't" eat. I'm feeling better.

I think I can do this. I just wish I had admitted to myself sooner when I needed to make a change. I've been reading through r/loseit and really like this community. I'm excited, for the first time in a while, to get back to me. To get back to the progress I was making, even if it's in a different manner.

TL;DR I lost 25 pounds on a keto diet and kept it off for 18 months. I didn't admit when keto was no longer working, and felt horrible when weight was gained. Stopped keto and starting CICO. Excited for the next part of my progress.

submitted by /u/theketoba
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NRhwHA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...