How do I tell my eyes and body no

Growing up in my family we were taught to never waste food and to always finish what's on our plates.

Now, fast forward to my adult years, and 400 pounds weight added on. It's now hard-wired into my brain to finish my plate even if I'm way past full and well into stuffed territory and beyond. Leaving food on my plate is one of the most difficult things for me to do. I just can't seem to do it. Especially if it's tasty food. Oh and I have tried eating with smaller plates but then I just go back for more :/

It feels like with this way of eating being hard wired into my brain it has disrupted my body's natural full sensation kinda like there is a disconnect between my stomach and brain now because I have been taught to finish the plate rather than stop when satisfied so now all I can seem to understand is stuffing my face till I am bloated. I have never known eating in moderation or leaving food on my plate because I felt "satisfied" enough.

So yeah my question is how do I break this cycle? Is it possible to do so?

submitted by /u/Eleventysixlol
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Nhlx95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...