How did you decide your goal weight to maintain? Especially anyone who revised it up, and decided to maintain at a higher weight than originally planned?
I’m mostly interested in hearing others’ thought process, but I’ll give my own details as well.
From the beginning, I just assumed my goal weight would be the weight I was up until getting pregnant, at 24, since I never had much issue with my weight and was overall really happy with how I looked. But after losing about 20 kg so far, I’ve been quite “stuck” for several months now. It seems like the effort required to lose the last 10 might be more than I’m willing to make at the moment, between breastfeeding, kids/work, not much sleep, and even less down time for myself. I’m already within a healthy BMI, and I don’t think I look half bad, especially compared to 20 kg ago. So I’m indecisive whether I should just make the choice to go ahead and maintain here, at least for the time being. I don’t even know if it will be as easy to maintain the same weight as before, since I was several degrees more active back then.
But, at the same time, I also wonder if this isn’t a slippery slope to more and more weight gain as the years go on? I feel especially sensitive, because my mom, as well as all other women in my family, have gained a lot of weight post-kids and never lost it. I also know that I had a hard time recognizing the amount of weight I gained over the past several years, until one day it hit me that it was already quite a lot more than I thought! So I guess I’m not sure what’s reasonable in terms of compromise returning to original adult weight, or not, and what’s just me making excuses and giving up too easily.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QeFSZp
No comments:
Post a Comment