Depression/Anxiety and weight loss. Tips, tricks and motivation options

I think a lot of us fall into the category of having depression, anxiety, bipolar, ADHD etc and when the lows or stress hit no matter how long we have been on this journey the struggle becomes so real and the thought of losing weight becomes Mt Everest again. I've noticed with myself that though I know I logically have the tools to keep going the physical energy just to get out of bed, cook, prepping, weighing is just like OMG TOO MUCH!!! That's when I know I fall off. I go back to "ok I'm going to have a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast because it takes 2 1/2 mins to make and I don't need to think...." next thing I know I've had an entire bag of chips for lunch because making something haha right, not going to happen.

Meal prepping is definitely one way to be able to stay on track but what are other options have you all found to be useful to keep moving forward when your mind, energy are just not capable?

What are your coping skills that may help others know they are not alone?

One of the sayings I have truly internalized is 2 steps forward, 1 step back is still 1 step forward.

I have also found that reminding myself that the tools I have gained from this journey not just in weight loss but truly in life reminds me that even if I drop back I know what I need to do to get back to where I was and I can turn it around faster with those tools.

submitted by /u/Wymaness
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2wUwK5g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...