So today at the gym, a guy I’m friendly with mentioned that I lost a lot of weight, which I appreciated. However, he then followed up with, “so now you can get all the boys chasing you” and “you went from being able to get ten boyfriends at a time to twelve.”
It’s annoying because although he meant well and was trying to compliment my hard work, it irritated me because it felt like my power was gone. I am losing weight for me and my health only. I was tired of having a gut, chub rub, and slight breathing problems that healthy people shouldn’t have, and I didn’t want to blow up to my heaviest at 200 pounds again, so I decided to do something about it. It’s not to find a future boyfriend or to be seen as “more attractive.” I feel more motivated to get stronger and healthier each day than to get a boyfriend (and with my luck, I still won’t be able to get a boyfriend after I reach my goals lol).
Losing weight and getting healthier should only be for YOUR benefit, not for anyone else’s.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Oh9Pax
No comments:
Post a Comment