I've spent the past 1½+ years loosing 27 kilos. My main goal is primarily to get a healthy lifestyle, and not be addicted to sugar. This I have accomplished, and I love my vegetables! Still I had a goal weight as well, just to have something to aim for, and that was 65kilo, as my BMI has to be somewhere in between 70 and 60kilos, so I figured that was a nice middleground, and I wouldn't have to worry too much if I took on a few kilos now and then, as long as I made sure it didn't go out of hand. The weight has been stuck on 70 kilos for a few months, but even so I notice clothes getting looser, and I look thinner in photos. Obviously the weight is only a number! And BMI should also be taken with a grain of salt, but I think it was a good thing to aim for.
Now I've started doing regular weight lift as a form of exercise (other than that, I just walk/hike a lot) and I started to realize that getting to 65 kilos might be a bit complicated. Obviously not all my weight will be due to fat, and now I'm exchanging it with muscle weight. Since I've realized that I'm still loosing weight despite the scaling being stuck on one number, I've started to reconsider if there is any point to having a goal weight, especially this close to the finish line.
On one hand I don't want to quit my goal, because it feels like cheating. I've set a goal, I should stick to it, right? But at the same time, that goal is a very relative number. I'm healthy, normal weight and got all my habits on track, so in a sense I'm already over the finish line. I've also considered measuring fat percentage instead, but I don't have any fancy equipment for that. I still have a lot of loose skin on my belly, not just due to overweight but also pregnancy. I'm not in control over how fast it will retract, so its not something I care to worry too much about.
I don't know if I should re-define my goal in something more precise, or just call it a day and congratulate myself for reaching my goal?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PdJRFW
No comments:
Post a Comment