I stayed strong at a buffet and it really wasn't that hard!

24 F, 5'4", sw 180, gw 135, cw 151

I've been a lurker for awhile but I wanted to share my experience at my small office party buffet.

For a little bit of background, the company is encouraging us to participate in a weight loss/healthy habits program. I've learned so much with reddit and r/loseit that I don't follow the program to a T (I've lost my weight using MFP anyway). However, it has taught me some skills I didn't realize I'd end up using.

  1. I ate a granola bar ahead of time so I wasn't starving around all this great buffet food.

  2. I went through the buffet line and just looked at what was to offer. Some of it looked good but surprisingly, some of it didn't. If I had just started scooping food onto my plate, I would've eaten it whether it really appealed to me or not.

  3. I picked three things that actually appealed to me. I loaded up my plate with veggies, two mozzarella sticks, and a cheeseburger slider. On top of this, I couldn't even put more food on to the plate since the veggies took up so much space (and the plates were on the smaller side).

  4. I ate one thing at a time, starting with what I liked the best. The slider really wasn't that good. I was able to actually taste my food knowing I only had two other things left to eat. (The mozz sticks made up for the slider though!)

  5. I then told myself I could get up and get more food if I really wanted to. And I didn't!

  6. Here comes the real challenge. They brought out a big plate of hot, fresh baked cookies. Desserts are my weakness. As other coworkers dove in, I looked at what they were eating and funny enough, the cookies weren't calling out to me. I'm sure they were great but I know what a hot cookie tastes like! I really don't need to eat another one until I REALLY crave one!

All this and I was only 530 calories in the hole for that buffet lunch. If I had eaten what I normally would have (chips and queso, a second helping of mozz sticks, a cookie, maybe another slider even though I didn't want it) I would've eaten at least 1200 calories just as my lunch. And ruined my calorie limit for the day! I could tell I was practicing self control but it wasn't hard at all and I really wasn't disappointed.

Hope this helps someone else or someone has also been through the same experience!

submitted by /u/MelonBubbleTea
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PavAsP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...