It's pretty well documented that eating food you're allergic to can impede weight loss, partially because of inflammation and water retention and partially (at least for me) because eating allergens makes my stomach hurt and messes with my body signaling to me that I am full.
I suspected the wheat allergy back in January and since I stopped eating it not only have I felt less sick all the time but it's been easier to lose weight.
Well, finally got an allergy test last week and the list of things I'm allergic to is wheat, brewer's yeast, rye, avocado, lettuce, peaches, strawberries, pecans, and cantaloupe. I was still eating a lot of avocado and lettuce and in the week since I got my test results and stopped eating these things I've dropped 4 lbs even though I was traveling and not at a calorie deficit. Also, I haven't felt like crap (which is new). Allergies are a hell of a thing.
P.S. Apparently lettuce allergies aren't super uncommon in people with significant seasonal allergies so...uh...if you feel tired and disoriented often and have stomach distress a lot, might be worth getting a test.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zIzQgl
No comments:
Post a Comment