Starting my weightloss journey today

I've given my close friends and family my new Reddit username as a way of being held accountable. They have told me to be completely honest with everyone in this community and to lay it all out on the table. So here goes:

I've always been fat. I was a fat kid, then a fat teenager, then a fat adult. The best shape of my life was when I was a 235 lb 20-yr old that could just barely jog 2 miles before collapsing.

I just turned 29, and I dont want to be fat in my 30's as well.

My weight control has taken a major loss in the last year. I quit smoking 11 months ago, not one cigarette in that time. After that, I began eating even when I wasn't hungry and I didn't really think about it. My long term girlfriend and I broke up 6 months ago, and my diet only got worse.

I am now 305 pounds and roughly 42% fat.

Lately I'm out of breath all the time, I occasionally get chest pains that worry me, and my father has had some health issues that have caused me to reevaluate how I treat myself.

I will admit that I'm afraid of losing my way. I have trouble sleeping if I don't have a big meal before bed. If I don't eat until my stomach hurts, I don't feel like I've eaten anything - so I have cheated on diets within the first day on several occasions.

Nothing I find enjoyable is physical - after a long day sitting in front of a computer at work, I spend my free time sitting in front of a computer at home. I get bored when exercising, and have had trouble sticking to workout regimens for more than a few weeks.

But I want it to work this time. I NEED it to work this time. I can't live like this anymore, and if I keep letting myself go like I have been I may not live much longer.

I just want to get healthy. I want to walk up the stairs to my apartment and not be out of breath. I want to avoid type 2 diabetes or an early heart attack. I want to be able to jump and not worry about my ankles or knees hurting after I land.

I will be going through the many resources that are available in this community, and I will give everything I have to change my lifestyle.

submitted by /u/almost30fatty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2m7KeV6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...