I'm 38yo, married, 4 kids, workout hard 6+ hours a week (weights & HIIT) with another 10+ hrs of activity (hiking, mnt biking, backpacking, etc). 5'6" 169lbs, 21% BF.
I could eat better but for the most part I eat fairly clean, avoiding processed carbs, eat plenty of beef/chicken/eggs, and protein shakes. I had my T tested in 2014 and it was 205 but I declined going on TRT and tried to clean up my life and do what I could to get levels up naturally.
Exercise and diet can and will improve. Sleep is bad, I just don't sleep well, probably averaging 5hrs a night but low quality. I have a sleep study ordered and suspect they will tell me I have sleep apnea. Most days I feel exhausted, and wake up feeling worse than when I went to sleep. I can't remember the last time I felt rested and full of energy. In general I feel fatigued, have suffered weight gain despite efforts to eat clean and exercise.
I just received the following labwork which still shows low T, but I'm trying to figure out the rest of the results and decide how to proceed.
Albumin 4.5
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 19
Testosterone 307 (was 205 in 2014)
Testosterone Free % 2.3
Testosterone Bioavailable 198.5
Testosterone Free 71.2
Chol/HDL 5.9
Total Chol 219
HDL Chol 37
LDL Chol 165
Non HDL Chol 182
Triglycerides 84
VLDL 17
Hemoglobin AC1 5
I'm still waiting for more results to process, but that's what I have so far.
Thoughts?
I could eat better but for the most part I eat fairly clean, avoiding processed carbs, eat plenty of beef/chicken/eggs, and protein shakes. I had my T tested in 2014 and it was 205 but I declined going on TRT and tried to clean up my life and do what I could to get levels up naturally.
Exercise and diet can and will improve. Sleep is bad, I just don't sleep well, probably averaging 5hrs a night but low quality. I have a sleep study ordered and suspect they will tell me I have sleep apnea. Most days I feel exhausted, and wake up feeling worse than when I went to sleep. I can't remember the last time I felt rested and full of energy. In general I feel fatigued, have suffered weight gain despite efforts to eat clean and exercise.
I just received the following labwork which still shows low T, but I'm trying to figure out the rest of the results and decide how to proceed.
Albumin 4.5
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 19
Testosterone 307 (was 205 in 2014)
Testosterone Free % 2.3
Testosterone Bioavailable 198.5
Testosterone Free 71.2
Chol/HDL 5.9
Total Chol 219
HDL Chol 37
LDL Chol 165
Non HDL Chol 182
Triglycerides 84
VLDL 17
Hemoglobin AC1 5
I'm still waiting for more results to process, but that's what I have so far.
Thoughts?
from ExcelMale.com https://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?15633-Results-of-Bloodwork-Help-Me-Make-Sense-of-Them&goto=newpost
No comments:
Post a Comment