No-one recognised me!

I am a professional musician as well as a music teacher. Today I was playing the viola in a concert for chamber orchestra and chamber choir. I used to sing with this choir, and used to know a lot of the members very well. But they haven’t seen me for two years, in which time I have had gastric bypass surgery and I have lost 126lbs - about half of my previous body weight.

I’d expected there would be some surprise at how I look, but I wasn’t prepared for them to literally not recognise me. Nobody realised it was me! I mean, I’m a viola player (a rare thing) with blue hair. How many of us are there?!!

I was actually pretty upset, but don’t understand why I was so upset.

submitted by /u/sweetmusiccaroline
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tLq9YZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...