Hi everyone~
So, I'm a 21 year old trans guy who recently started testosterone, like, a few months ago. I'm incredibly happy and getting happier every day, but I'm also really feeling the pressure to get active... I've always only had to worry about the health conditions that the women in my family, and women in general, need to focus on. But now, I'm also worried about things like heart and liver problems caused by visceral fat, which to the best of my knowledge, affects men more than women. I've read that the best way to lose visceral fat (and keep it off) is to exercise.... I eat pretty well, but exercise is the one thing I've never quite conquered.
So, I would ultimately like to work up to jogging every day, in the morning before class. I read some article that said 17 miles is a good amount to run per week to decrease visceral fat, so that would be 2.5 miles per day. Has anyone else heard that? Is that too ambitious for someone who is currently extremely sedentary (I'm talking sitting most of the day, most days).
As an aside, I sure as hell miss my job as a cavern tour guide, that kept me in shape AND I was getting paid xD
I'd really like tips from anyone who has been through this or is right now... I just have no idea where to start. Do I start with walking or jog right off the bat? How important are shoes (bc I'm kind of broke)?
This is less of a practical question and more of a personal insecurity, but has anyone found ways to cope with feeling self-conscious at the gym?? That's a huge part of the reason I stopped going to the gym in high school :/
Okay, I dunno, this may be rambling at this point :3 But yeah, advice is so appreciated!!
TL;DR; I'm concerned about heart disease and other conditions related to holding visceral fat (fat that surrounds your organs, not the fat right under your skin), so I want to start a pretty ambitious jogging goal. Advice?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uTz4aE
No comments:
Post a Comment