If you feel like you're not making visible progress, try getting smaller clothes. It makes a pretty big difference visually.

I started out pretty big and was a tight fit in a 2XL for the longest time. As I lost more and more weight it was always pretty encouraging to see the number on the scale go down, but looking in the mirror it never really felt like I was making any significant progress as far as looking better was concerned. Even losing weight I'm still basically the same shape so it's not like I'm looking great, right?

Eventually I hit a point where I realized that my 2XL shirts are beat up as hell and I could probably use a bit of wardrobe upgrade. My 42W jeans have hit the point where they won't remotely stay on without a belt, so I gotta.

Long story short, I realized while shopping that I now fit comfortably in a L, and my jean size is down to a 34. I don't remember ever fitting in those sizes. And besides the numerical victory it really is the best way to actually visualize how much better you look in appropriately sized clothing. I feel like, as a fat guy, you get so used to the expectation that you look like shit that it's easy to neglect what you're wearing. Going from my 2XL polo shirts to a decent button-down in L and pants that actually fit I actually look pretty decent - to the point where I feel like I don't look visibly "fat" unless I don't have a shirt on.

If you're like me and you started out super-obese and are looking for an intermediate victory, hit the mall and see what fits.

submitted by /u/ebonlance
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IHuscF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...