Help with unsupportive mom

I got a food scale to make it easier for me to track food and I'm loving it! But every time I get it out and write what I'm eating down my mom makes comments like "What's the magic number?" and "How much are you allowed to eat today?" I don't even enjoy my food after she says things like that. She worries that I'll develop an eating disorder but her comments are making me more self-conscious about my eating than if she'd just leave me alone. I feel like I have to eat in front of her to prove I'm ok. I'm proud of the progress and even though I'm at a healthy weight I have other goals to meet. Does anyone have advice on dealing with unsupportive family?

submitted by /u/furiosas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KUpEFP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...