Friend says she's never known me not trying to lose weight

I'm sure she didn't mean any harm but I had a good friend visiting me in Seattle and we were at dinner. I try to be slightly more lax on my diet when I have people visiting because I want them to be able to enjoy all of the awesome food here so I skip breakfast and have a healthy lunch so I can have a good dinner.

After dinner she wanted to get dessert and I said that I'd come with her but I wouldn't be having any- I'm down 8 pounds and have a goal I'm working towards. To which she replied, you're always losing weight, I've never known you not losing weight and I didn't have a response.

In college, I was the fit friend, I was the friend who everyone trained with when they wanted to get in shape. I worked out twice a day, used all of my free electives on dance or weight training, something that could keep me moving. I've always looked good but regardless of my weight, I'm always trying to trim 5-10 pounds here or there so it is true she has never known me when I wasn't losing weight but it just really affected me for some reason. I'm losing weight for the last time, this time around and am trying to let go of my body dysmorphia and be happy with myself even as I reach my goal or fall slightly short of it. I've been working so hard- drinking less, not having soda or chips or junk and working out everyday, am a runner and do half marathons, play on a softball team, and am far more athletic than any of my friends, so it just hurt my feelings to hear that. I just needed to vent,...

submitted by /u/Ophelia_AO
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ucck6p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...