Blood work abnormal, need advice re cholesterol

I just (re)started my weight loss journey a shade over a week ago, lost almost 10 lbs so far, mostly that initial water weight drop. I haven't been changing what I eat a whole lot, just my habits and quantities.

I just happen to have a six month check up and my triglycerides were at 225. My doctor scheduled me Tuesday morning for more blood work and an ultrasound on my liver to rule out possibilities like hepatitis and cancer. So I'm doing my best not to freak out, but that's a helluva thing to enter into the weekend with.

Chances are, it's just high cholesterol which is not at all surprising.

That being the case, I've been looking up recipes high in cholesterol lowering foods and recipes, and it's a pretty big departure from my eating type. I don't necessarily mind this, but the CICO and IF alone still doesn't feel like habit yet and knowing myself, if I jump into a change too fast, I'll break my wallet at the store and lose motivation.

I've read that dietary changes help but the biggest help is exactly what I've been doing: dropping weight and increasing activity. Obviously a week of weight loss isn't going to blip much on blood work, that will take months of dedication.

I guess I'm just wondering from other folks that might have been in the same boat if it's better to stay the course and keep dropping pounds or start early on with fish, beans, wild rice, and tons of veggies at the risk of burnout. Maybe just incorporate them slowly?

submitted by /u/The_Pooter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NQ4TK1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...