Hello loseit,
Today I’m writing to share a recommitment and to name and own the parts of my journey to healthy food choices that I haven’t shared before. I hope it’s not too late for me, and I know each healthy choice helps. I’m looking for support, and I’m hoping my story can resonate with someone else.
About 6 years ago I lost 50 pounds in about 6-7 months through CICO on MyFitnessPal and reading loseit. I included some moderate exercise, nothing fancy. I finally had a normal BMI below “obese” and “overweight”. I maintained for a few months, but I got into heavy and tough workouts. I started eating more, again. It was fine for a while but I fell into emotional eating some. It started with happy hour treats after work and soon followed eating large portions of non-nutritious food for fun, but just sometimes. It didn’t lead to fat % gains so I was ok with it.
Then I got hurt and needed to back off the heavy workouts. Nothing serious, so I didn’t change my habits and accepted the small changes I saw... size 8 instead of 6... Then I sprained my ankle and needed to immobilize for 6 weeks. No problem, I’ll be working out again soon! So I didn’t change. Long story short, I didn’t workout hard enough to burn it off and eventually I regained it all back.
After that I’ve spent 4 years giving myself excuses about why it’s no good. I’ve tried again, lost weight as much as 20 pounds, but then something happens to trigger my emotional or entertainment eating and I just don’t start again for weeks or months. and by then I’ve gained it back. Like moving states. Like being around the eating habits that taught me to be unhealthy. Like looking for a job. Like being in a stressful job. Like being in grad school. Like regular life. I forgot that life is and healthy choices have to fit in every day, not that special days don’t count.
Like now. Right now I’m facing one of those situations. I was doing well from December ‘17 to February ‘18. I was working out, I ate better every day, I cut back on alcohol. But then my mom went into a 4-month, 5-surgery medical merry-go-round. I think I subsided on a lot of cheese fries, buffalo chicken dip and beer at 11 pm after spending the day at work or school and the hospital. She’s back to her home now, I have time. I can be healthy.
So, today I am recommitting to counting my CICO on MyFitnessPal. Today I’m recommitting to moderate exercise 5-7 times a week in a healthy variety (I’m thinking swimming, jogging, golf and yoga for now).
I’m doing this because I want to feel comfortable. I’m doing this because I don’t want my weight to cause long-term negative impacts. I’m doing this because I may become a parent one day and I want to end the cycle of unhealthy habits with food.
I don’t have anyone in my circle to join me, so I ask to be witnessed by the loseit community. Thank you.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ue7ip5
No comments:
Post a Comment