Advice Needed

I’ve been doing C25K for a few weeks now and doing little runs here and there. I’m around 270 pounds, so it’s seemingly a lot harder on my body then I’d like to admit. I always try and push myself harder to do better. I shaved off two minutes in a week from the 5K I ran last weekend. I’ve had some pain that has gotten a little better the more I do it, mainly my shins. I probably need to get some better fitting shoes. I only run every other day now to let me body rest. What worried me was when I checked my heart rate for the 5K I ran over the weekend to see it was 185 at one point. I don’t normally wear my Apple Watch but I did for that time.

Do I need to slow down my progress until I’m a healthier weight? Should I pause running altogether and maybe focus weightlifting or exercise bikes to get my weight down? I was hoping someone had some experience with this and could help me. I enjoy running but I also don’t want it negatively impacting me.

submitted by /u/BrandoCalrissian7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zrjCbb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...