[NSV] My biggest office cake victory so far!

So, I've been cutting out treats almost entirely. I find it easier to eat none instead of small amounts and usually can't stop once I start. Now, because I try to make living healthy a permament thing instead of a temporary change and I also don't want to cut cake and chocolate and all of my other guilty sins out of the rest of my life I've been trying to get moderate amounts every now and then. This has sometimes worked well (managed to eat only a single piece of a delicious cake at a friends's birthday, a small one too), and a lot of times very badly. Lately there have been more extremes - when I managed to keep myself in check I had just enough to satisfy me, when I didn't, well...

Anyways, the office has always been both a safe space (I only have my pre-packed, weighed and logged lunch and unlike my home no fridge or drawer with temptations), as well as a really hard test (when people bring cake for their birthdays it always ended up in a binge for me, which then even continued when I got home, even though I swore to myself every time I'd only have one piece).

This time, I managed to eat a single piece, the smallest I could find. It was lemon cake which is a favorite of mine. Not even that, every time I walked past the plate I didn't even have the urge to get one. I didn't even have to actively resist, I just felt satisfied after than one piece.

Folks, I CAN DO IT! I can have a healthy relationship with sugary snacks! I have gained the power of love hope!

submitted by /u/TheBrusselKnight
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2N6qTA7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...