Just got blood tests back, and...

My liver is better!

Back in the fall, right before I started on my diet, my doctor told me that a CT scan of my chest (for suspected lung problems) revealed a fatty liver, which was the biggest reason I wanted to lose weight. My ALT and AST (liver enzymes) were 110 and 49, respectively. Sooo, could be worse, but also could be much better. Mind you, normal range for ALT is 9-52 U/L and normal range for AST is 15-46 U/L, at least as far as the hospital here is concerned. My doctor said the elevated values were due to my liver being fatty.

Just checked my most recent blood draw. ALT is 26 and AST is 24. And every single other thing I was tested for was normal too (or pretty close to normal), but I'm so happy to see my liver values looking so good now. In fact, it's the lowest they've ever been. I can't believe how much those values dropped with just a few months of half-assed dieting and no exercise.

I'm not gonna stop losing weight, but I was just so glad to see my liver back to normal. It may still be fatty, but it's definitely on its way to recovery.

submitted by /u/I_Bake_Everything
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HNW67b

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...