"It all started when my boss called me fat." A one month update.

Hi guys, I made a small post a month ago about my obscene weight gain of around 25-30 pounds in a semester. I didn't mention this in the original post, but I had another motivator to lose weight. I didn't mention it because I was embarrassed at the time. I went back to my job in a kitchen this summer to work during summer break. I had to order new pants, because I couldn't fit in my new ones after my weight gain. Apparently people at my place of employment were talking about me putting on weight rapidly. One Saturday, my boss (socially awkward jogger-dude) came up and told me that I had gotten fat and pointed to my gut almost out of nowhere. I was horrified. That was the day I fully realized how much weight I put on.

So this last month, I've been working hard to put of this weight. I am 5 pounds off of my goal for June, and I know I can make it. I cut all drinks out except water, but I allow myself to fit one soda in a weekend. I keep my calories between 1500-1700 a day. I have been eating way healthier too. I've introduce fruits and salads back into my diet. I freaking love granola, man. My SO has been with me every step of the way, and she is so supportive. I am so thankful to be with her.

One thing I need to work on is exercise. I work 4 days a week with 9-10 hour shifts. I am in a kitchen, so am on me feet all day running around like a mad man. I have flat feet, so the next morning (if I don't have to work) I just want to chill and not work out. I need to be able to find exercise into my schedule more without making me feel like I am dying.

One last thing, this week I had to go back and order a size smaller pants for work. The person who orders the uniforms was a little upset, because he had ordered me new pants just a month ago. I told him to expect it next month too. I got my confidence back. Stay healthy my friends.

submitted by /u/ThatOneRandomAccount
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sZjHxt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...