Hey guys. I was a pretty frequent contributor to r/loseit in the first half of 2017. I went from about 260 lbs to just about 210 in the space of about 5 months. I’m a 5’6” female, and my lowest weight to date is 193, back when I was in high school. I’m 25 now.
I started with keto, then just cico. Worked out a few times a week. Learned to love lifting, ran a 5k. I felt the most healthy I had in my life. And not just physically, mentally, too. The confidence and introspection I gained from my journey gave me the confidence to end a (very toxic) nearly-four year relationship last spring. I kept up my habits - counting, hiking, running, sleeping regular hours, journaling. I felt like a new person.
And I guess being that version of myself is how I found my current SO.
We started dating last summer, and the difference between this and my last relationship are mind boggling. Nearly a year later, it still feels lovely and perfect and healthy... but my body doesn’t.
The whirlwind of getting caught up in something new, plus moving to a new city and starting a new job kind of... distracted me. I lost my focus big time. My habits degraded, I lost progress, I started moving backwards.
So here we are. I’m in the neighborhood of 240 again. I’m back up 2 pant sizes. My favorite clothes don’t fit. My acne is rampant, my stress levels are running wild, and I get winded going up more than a couple flights of stairs. I’m ashamed and pretty well disgusted with myself for ruining such a good thing. I think about where I could be if I’d kept at it and regret letting myself regress. I didn’t just fall off the wagon; I tumbled off the wagon, it ran me over, and I’m over here laying in a ditch.
So it’s day three. Again. I’ve kept my calories at or below 1600 kcal. I joined a gym in my new neighborhood. I’ve committed to a sleep schedule. I’m joining a sports league in the next town over. I know I can do it because I’ve done it before, and (hopefully) this time it sticks.
I’d love to make some friends or accountability buddies if anyone wants to touch base at all. I’ll take all the help I can get, and I’d be happy to give it right back.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Jumzwk
No comments:
Post a Comment